McKinney TX Web Design: 5 Web Design Trends To Look For In 2015
By Osky Blue | Published February 24, 2015
If you own a business and you’re thinking about developing an online presence in the form of a website, you should get professional help with your McKinney TX web design. Why is this so important? Because web design is constantly evolving and keeping up with the latest trends in web design is complicated. At Osky Blue, we are experts in McKinney TX web design and we can design a site for your business that will incorporate many of the trends in web design that we feel will be vital in 2015 including:
- The incorporation of scrolling for information will become more pervasive as the majority of people in the coming years will be looking at information on the internet on their mobile devices. Scrolling to read text is much easier than clicking links or arrows to get to the next block of text. Currently, scrolling is used mainly for home pages but the trend is finding its way to ‘about’ pages and product description pages as well.
- The removal of non-essential elements from web design is a trend that is just picking up steam. Many web design firms are simplifying websites by losing the once-ubiquitous large, background photo on the header or home page and adding a company name in a large typeface centered in the middle of the screen. In addition, bold color mixtures, lots of images and overly-complicated layouts are being reconsidered in favor of easier interaction for the user.
- Menu changes that allow websites to work on desktop and mobile devices will make interaction easier for users. Vertical flyout menus, like those found on hand-held devices, on either side of a webpage mean no menus need be seen unless the user moves their mouse or swipes their finger over a certain point. The vertical configuration means both mobile and desktop users will see the same type of screen. Another trend is toward hiding the main menu altogether and giving users access to it by adding a small icon – often one that looks like small, horizontal lines – that the user can click on to access the menu.
- Large typography is a growing trend in McKinney TX web design. Paired with simplified design and muted colors, larger typefaces can make website home pages dramatic enough to grab the user’s attention. Larger typography is also a way to enhance the visual hierarchy of a page because users will be first drawn to the largest print, which will likely include the company’s name, then to the next smaller-size type and so on.
- Better performance and faster speed are the natural byproducts of simplified design so they’re a trend that will go hand-in-hand with website home pages that have fewer large photographs and less complicated layouts. Potential customers have so many options when it comes to searching on the internet for what they need that, often, they’ll click away from a promising website if it takes too long to load because it’s heavy with home page content.
Call Osky Blue at (866) 675-9411 for your McKinney TX web design. We will design a website for your business that will attract the attention of your potential customers and that will make it easy for them to interact with your business online. Visit us at https://oskyblue.com to find out more.
Osky Blue | McKinney TX Web Design | (866) 675-9411
Photo Credit: ©Depositphotos.com/ k o y d e s i g n