Website Design Company McKinney TX: 3 Keyword Tools You Aren’t Using
By Osky Blue | Published January 26, 2016
One of the many things you need from a website design company McKinney TX is SEO. But search engine optimization is a tricky beast, and it can be hard to know where to begin. Experts often start by trying to think like their customers, asking questions like: which words search engine users type to achieve a goal? What phrases will they likely search for? What generates clicks?
SEO experts must compare their own results with the results of competitors, too. After all, if you know which keywords your competitors are dominating, you can decide whether to challenge them in that bracket or find a different keyword with less competition. Google Keyword Planner and SEMrush lead the charts in SEO tools, but here are 3 tools that you might not know about. Two of them are free!
Web Design Company McKinney TX Tools: Ubersuggest.org
This free tool is extremely easy to use, and it provides fantastic results. With the huge amount of keyword suggestions it provides, ubersuggest.org is best for the planning stages of a blog, helping you figure out your keywords based on what’s hot online right now.
Simply enter a word into the query box and hit the search button. It takes a few seconds to round up results, and then it offers a list for you. You can click on a keyword to get further suggestions, or you can add it to your “basket.” Here’s an example of how easy it is:
- Type something into the search box. (For this example, we’ll do “photo editor”)
- You’ll receive a list of suggestions. 723 results for “photo editor,” to be exact.
- “Photo Editor Free Download” will be the third suggestion from the top. Click on it.
- After clicking, you’ll get about 50 more suggestions based on “Photo editor free download.”
- This is just one hypothetical example of keyword help, and the cycle continues on and on.
Web Designers McKinney TX SEO Tips: Marketmuse.com
It should be said up front that marketmuse.com isn’t free—in fact, the entry-level subscription costs $495/mo, but it’s definitely an impressive service. In short, Marketmuse looks through (or “crawls”) competitor websites and identifies holes in their content using semantic algorithms. Once gaps in competing websites’ content have been identified, Marketmuse suggests related subject matter to you so you can fill in those gaps. The suggests are ranked by relevance to your original search.
Website Developers McKinney TX SEO Tools: Seedkeywords.com
Perhaps the most unusual keyword researcher to use would be the free Seedkeywords.com. It basically requires you to provide a scenario and ask your friends how they would search for it. The process is simple and easy. Here it is:
- Type your scenario into the query box (Seed Words’ example: “You fancy getting away for a few days, what would you search for?”)
- You receive a URL for your survey.
- Spread the URL among as many acquaintances as possible, and then they simply fill in what terms they would use to answer your scenario (For instance, “cheap lake hotel.”)
- You get to see each result listed, regardless of how ridiculous it is.
Contact Osky Blue for More SEO Help
Good keyword research requires skill and time, and it can make or break your newest content marketing push. Rely on Osky Blue, a premier website design company McKinney TX, to create a beautiful website for you and optimize it for search engine performance. Call (866) 675-9411 to get started!
Osky Blue | Web Design Company McKinney TX | (866) 675-9411